Activate Visa Gift Card
Activation instructions may slightly differ depending on which company issues the gift card.
What Is Mastercard Secure Code
MasterCard Inc. or MasterCard Worldwide is an American multinational company that provides the same services as VISA Inc. Just like VISA, many of the Indian banks use MasterCard for handling electronic fund transfers.
MasterCard provides Secure Code to users for avoiding unauthorized transactions using its debit cards and credit cards. This secure code is same as our password, and it is used for authorizing the legitimate user to make online transactions. This gives an enhanced security for all online transactions.
Register Mastercard Or Visa Debit And Credit Card Now
As I mentioned above, most of the online shopping websites allow us to use Master debit cards, Visa debit cards and credit cards for settling the payments. Internet banking and PayPal are the major alternative payment methods available now.
During the product checkout, we need to choose a payment method to complete the purchase. In India, all the banks provide international MasterCards, Maestro cards and international debit cards to customers to perform financial transactions.
The distinctiveness of the international MasterCards and Visa debit cards is that we can use those cards for withdrawing money as well as performing online payments. The important point that we need to consider before using the MasterCard or Visa debit cards for online shopping is that we must do a one-time card registration to enable 3D secure two-step verification.
As per the strict directive from Reserve Bank of India, starting from August 1st, 2009 you must enable the two-step verification process on your cards by registering your MasterCard or Visa Debit/Credit Card through the respective banks online portal for performing online money transactions.
VISA terms this two-step verification process as Verified by VISA and Master Card calls this as MasterCard Secure Code.
Read Also: Can I Reload A Visa Gift Card
Make A Partial Payment
If the total amount on the card is less than the total purchase price, it may be possible for you to use the remainder of your card to buy a store e-gift card. In most cases, this is a code sent to your email inbox. You can then use that egift card code toward your total balance.
Register Your Card To Make Online And Phone Purchases
To register, either call the issuer, or visit their website. Your issuer should supply this information to you when you receive the card or it may be available on the card itself.
When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card in order to avoid declines.
You May Like: How Do I Get Cash For A Gift Card
Activate Your Visa Gift Card:
First, you have to make sure youre Visa gift card is activated. If you bought it in a brick and mortar retail store then your gift card was most likely activated when you bought it at the cash register.
If you bought your gift card online it is possible that you have to activate it. Normally all you have to do is go to the website thats printed on a label stuck on the card and enter the 16 digit number along with the security code. You may have to call the 800 number printed on the gift card if there is no website.
Not sure if youre Visa Gift Card is already activated?
Just go through the process of activating your card again. It wont hurt and youll know for sure if its already activated or not.
What To Expect After You Activate A Gift Card
After you activate the gift card, it should be ready to use. I have seen some cases where a gift card issuer imposes a waiting period after purchase, meaning the gift card may not be usable for up to 24-48 hours even though it has been activated. This waiting period gives the gift card issuer time to ensure the gift card has been purchased legitimately and is not part of a gift card scam like described above.
After activating a card, its a good idea to check to see there are any gift card fees to know about and what the gift card expiration is. In many cases, you will be able to use the full balance of a gift card as long as you use the card at least once every 12 months.
If you need help remembering to use your gift card in a timely manner, try these tricks to help you remember to use your gift cards.
You May Like: How To Add Money To Vanilla Gift Card
Register On The Homepage
Grab your card and visit walmartgift.com. Click the Register tab along the top row of Walmart’s Visa Gift Card homepage. Enter the 16-digit gift card number found on the front of the card in the first box and the three-digit security code found on the back of the card in the second box. Then click the green Continue button. The final step in the registration process is to enter your name and billing address. Keep in mind that the name and billing address you give at checkout must always match the name and billing address you put on file with your Walmart Visa Gift Card account.
Check Card Balances Before Shopping
It’s good practice to always check the balance on your Visa gift card before you shop. In addition to logging in to your gift card account page, you can do a quick check to find out the balance by heading to the Walmart Visa Gift Card homepage and entering your card number and security code. Click the green Check Balance button to see how much money you have left to shop with. You can also find out the total balance remaining on the card by calling 866-633-9096 and following the prompts to enter your account information.
Also Check: Where Can You Buy Xbox Gift Cards
How To Register My Prepaid Visa Debit Gift Card
Consumers with a Visa gift card can use it for purchases at any stores or online merchants that accept Visa. Various banks and financial institutions issue the Visa gift cards with their own brands featured on the card. Each issuing bank also sets the terms and conditions for that particular card, as well as the method for activating it.
We Hope To See You Again Soon
Youre about to leave Regions to use an external site.
Regions provides links to other websites merely and strictly for your convenience. The site that you are entering is operated or controlled by a third party that is unaffiliated with Regions. Regions does not monitor the linked website and has no responsibility whatsoever for or control over the content, services or products provided on the linked website. The privacy policies and security at the linked website may differ from Regions privacy and security policies and procedures. You should consult privacy disclosures at the linked website for further information.
Also Check: Can You Withdraw Money From A Vanilla Gift Card
Can I Create A Pin
Yes – you can create a pin on the Gift Card website by selecting “My Pin” under the My Settings tab.
You can also request one at the time you activate your card using the toll-free number on the sticker. There is no charge for using the voice response system. If you activate your card on the website, you will need to call 866.543.9161 to request a PIN.
How To Check Your Visa Gift Card Balance
The only way to check the remaining balance of your Visa gift card is to visit the website of the card issuer or call the toll-free service number on the backside of the card.
So there you go, youve learned how to use a Visa gift card online and how to solve nearly all the issues youll run into when trying to use the card to make purchases online.
Read Also: What Stores Carry Cabela’s Gift Cards
How Do I Activate And Register My Navy Federal Gift Card
With your Navy Federal Visa Gift Card in hand, please visit navyfederal.org/mygiftcard.
If your card doesnt have a personalized name, it will automatically activate in one business day. To verify your card is active, enter your username in the Username field and click Sign In. Please note, if you have not created a username for your gift card, select Need Username? under the Username field.
If your card is personalized with a name, click Activate. If this is a new gift card, youll be required to select a 4-digit PIN.
Once signed in, to register your card, click “My Profile” and under the “My Settings” drop-down menu, enter your name, address and phone number.
Note: The fields marked with an asterisk are required. All other fields are optional.
Using Your Card Safely
- How long after activation do I have to wait for the card to be usable?DonaganIt should be usable immediately after activation.Thanks!
Also Check: Does Kohls Have Visa Gift Cards
When Can I Throw A Gift Card Away
Remember that temporary bank account? The gift card is the key to accessing funds in the account. So you should hang onto the gift card until youre sure the funds are gone and no money will go back into the account.
One way money goes back into the account is when you return an item purchased with a gift card. Say, for example, you have a gift card worth $25 and you use it to buy a sweater for $25. The temporary gift card account is now $0 so you throw the gift card away. But a week later, you decide to return the sweater. Unless you tell the cashier otherwise, the refund will likely be put back onto the card used for the original purchase. Now your temporary bank account has $25, but you no longer have the gift card to access the funds.
So again, just remember to hold onto the gift card until youre sure you are not going to return an item or youll be able to put returned merchandise onto a different card. This problem doesnt happen all that often, but it can happen.
How To Register The Visa And Mastercard Prepaid Gift Card
Registering for a gift card balance checker is a simple process if you follow these useful instructions to the letter.
- After typing the web address of www.mygiftcardsite.com, the user will be given an opportunity to register an account which can literally be accomplished within a few short minutes.
- After the password and username is chosen, registration is complete after the cards number and security code are entered and a quick Completely Automated Public Turing test is performed.
- The captcha test is for the sole purpose of determining that the user is indeed a human being and not a robot.
- From here the user will be able to easily navigate around to see all kinds of user activity, ascertain the balance,receive access to gift card services or even purchase a Visa or MasterCard gift card.
- If a person finds it more convenient to have their registration handled for them, they should call 1-866-952-5653. Friendly customer service operators are always available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Read Also: How Do I Get An Amazon Gift Card
Visa Gift Card Troubleshooting Guide:
Having issues with your Visa gift card? Ask yourself the following questions to troubleshoot your issue.
- Did you make a typo? If you get an error when trying to make an online purchase with a Visa gift card, the first thing you should always do is check if the name, address, card number, and security card are all correct. Its very easy for a finger to slip and cause a typo.
- Is the merchant based outside the U.S.? If youre still having issues, check if the store youre trying to buy from is located outside the United State. Because of the recent legislature, most gift cards sold within the U.S. are restricted from being used at merchants outside of the U.S. If your card is a U.S.-only card it will say Valid only in the United States on the front.
- Are you trying to use your Visa gift card at PayPal? You will run into issuer blocking if you try to redeem your Visa gift card at a business where that allows you to convert a payment into cash. You cant convert your Visa gift card for cash because of money-laundering concerns. Since PayPal falls into this type of business, this is why you cant use your Visa gift card there.
- Are you trying to sign up for a monthly service? If you try using your Visa gift card to sign up for recurring services, its possible that the merchant may block prepaid cards from being used. They do this because they know there is only a limited amount of funds on the gift card and that the payment will fail eventually.
Can I Use My Navy Federal Visa Gift Card At Hotels Or Car Rental Companies
Yes. You can use your Navy Federal Visa Gift Card for the final payment for both hotels and car rentals. Some car rental companies and hotels may require a credit card to make a reservation. At check-in, hotels will put a hold on the estimated amount of your stay, making those funds unavailable for a period of time. Avoid a hold on your gift card by checking in with a credit card, then using your Navy Federal Visa Gift Card for final payment.
Don’t Miss: Can I Buy Gift Cards With Google Play Credit
Usage Consumers Purchases For Gift
Recent statistics on gift card usage among consumers show that among all people who made purchases for gifting reasons, 93% of those acquisitions were in the form of gift card balance check and over $100 billion is spent each year acquiring them.
- Gift card purchases always picks up during the holiday seasons because they are the most requested gift on peoples wish lists.
- Approximately sixty percent of surveyed shoppers agreed that they would rather receive a gift card over popular items such as cell phones, jewellery and game stations.
- The Visa and MasterCard prepaid Gift Card offers great adaptability to a recipients lifestyle and needs. They take the stress out of gift giving and are the obvious choice when a person is unsure of what to buy or they just do not enjoy standing in long lines and trudging through crowded retail stores.
- During the holiday season, after receiving a Visa and MasterCard prepaid check any gift card balance, heading over to www.mygiftcardsite.com or calling 1-866-952-5653 is the best way to register and ascertain the cards balance.
Gift Card 101 : Wrapping Up
Your friends and family will love their check any gift card balance. The reason is that they are so simple to use and check the balance online.
What Is The Difference Between A Pending Transaction And A Posted Transaction
Pending transactions are authorized transactions with a hold for the purchase amount until the transaction clears. Posted transactions are purchases that have cleared on your card. There are some pending transactions that are more or less than the amount you actually spent. Some retailers place a pre-authorization amount to ensure the account is active and that you have enough money to cover the purchase. Once the transaction posts to your account, the pending transaction will be removed within a few business days, and you can use the funds again.
Don’t Miss: How To Cash Out Vanilla Visa Gift Card