Buy An Amazon Gift Card With Paypal
Alternatively, you can use PayPal at an earlier stage of the purchase process. Amazon Gift Cards are widely available online, and not just at Amazon itself. Buy one at a site like Dundle or My Gift Card Supply and youll be able to check out using PayPal. You can even buy Amazon gift cards on eBay.
Then you can just use your Gift Card on Amazon. You can add a Gift Card to your Amazon account balance at any time, and the amount you have on it will go toward future purchases that you make. Heres a step by step to do it:
Can You Use Paypal Credit On Amazon
Actually, you cant really do this. PayPal Credit is a specific service that lets you use your PayPal account to pay for stuff on credit, just like you would with a credit card, but its only available to use at PayPal-accepting stores.
Amazon isnt a PayPal-accepting store, so you cant really use it there. If you want to use PayPal Credit for Amazon purchases, youll need to use one of the workarounds above.
Thats not necessarily a good idea, though: using PayPal for Amazon purchases is really only worthwhile if you already have money in your PayPal account that you want to spend. Otherwise, its probably going to be easier to use an alternative payment option like a standard credit or debit card.
How Can I Turn A Visa Gift Card Into Cash
How to convert Visa gift cards to cash
You May Like: What Is Doordash Red Card Used For
How Do I Use My Gift Card
There are two types of gift cards offered by banks, and these are open-loop and closed-loop. Financial institutions issue the first one, and you can use it to buy goods at any place accepting the cards. The second one can only be used with a specific merchant. For example, you can have a gift card that can only be used with Walmart or Amazon.
When you want to buy items with your card, you visit a store accepting the cards and then use a gift card reader machine to communicate with the card issuer, allowing a specific value deduction.
One time gift cards are useless once their value is exhausted. However, reloadable cards allow you to top up money when the balance is low. Banks and other financial institutions usually offer reloadable cards with no fees so that you do not have to buy cards now and then.
While there are tangible gift cards, there are also mobile gift delivered to mobile phones via email or SMS. You can use them online with social apps instead of queuing in stores. Visa virtual cards are useful anywhere in the world.
How Do You Use A Gift Card
Using a gift card is not that hard. Once you get one, you can use it to buy goods and services at the specific store that issued the card. Some gift cards are general in that you can use them to buy goods at various stores. You can either buy goods using a gift card online or at a physical store. When using an eGift card, you can mostly buy goods online.
However, the tangible gift card allows you to purchase goods both online and at physical stores. Once the funds are depleted, you can then discard the card in the best way possible. If it is a rechargeable card, you can keep it securely so that the person who gifted you can recharge it during the appropriate time.
Recommended Reading: What Is Red Card For Doordash
How To Transfer A Gift Card Balance To A Bank Account
You may need the money and wondering how you can transfer your gift card balance to your bank account. That should not bother you as you can transfer your card balance to your bank account. Most people transfer money from their card to the bank is by using a square.
Square accepts Visa gift cards. You can follow the steps below to transfer funds from it to a bank account.
- Activate the gift card online or by calling the provided number.
- We are assuming that you have a Square account sign in with either android or iPhone.
- Link your bank account to square if not yet linked.
- Use a square card reader or enter the cards details manually. Card reader charges 2.75% while entering the card details costs you 3.5%+$0.15 transaction fee for a manual entry.
- When square accepts the card, your gift card balance will fall to zero.
- Square will then deposit the money in your bank account within the next two business days. Most transactions complete within a day.
Alternatively, you can add the card to your Venmo or PayPal account, transfer funds from the gift card to the Venmo or PayPal account, and then to your bank account linked to either Venmo or PayPal. Wait for 3-5 business days for the balance to reflect in your bank.
It would be nice to send money from a gift card to a debit card like you can transfer money from a debit card to another debit card, but such an option is currently unavailable.
Looking For Gift Card Ideas
Clothing Who doesn’t need clothes? Whatever theyre into, get them something that always fits and keeps them in style from top fashion retailers.
Gifts for HimWhether he’s a gamer, handyman or outdoorsman, pick from his favourite brands and get him something he will truly love.
RestaurantsTreat someone to an inspired dining experience. Browse our diverse range of dining and restaurant gift card options.
Gifts for HerFind the perfect gifts for her – from great reads, hot tech to jewellery and cosmetics, surprise her with something special.
MoviesWhat better way to spend an evening than heading to the movies? Give a movie gift card tonight and let them enjoy the show!
Gifts for TeensGet a gift that will help teens stay on trend with the latest tech, accessories and fashion from their favourite brands.
TravelTreat yourself or your favourite travellers with a gift card for the perfect hotel in over 200 countries.
Gifts for KidsGet them a gift card that gives them everything they want including their favourite books, movies, music and video games!
You May Like: Zola Gift Tracker
What Is The Difference Between A Paypal Gift Card And A Paypal Account
The notion of gift cards is not new in the realm of digital payments numerous financial institutions, banks, e-commerce sites, and other electronic payment service providers have been utilizing their own customized gift cards to attract clients and build their brands for more than a decade.
Until a year ago, they widely assumed that large firms, banks, and other legitimate financial institutions solely used gift cards.
However, as of 2020, gift cards are no longer the domain of large corporations, and credit goes to PayPal for making gift cards more accessible and usable.
Youll be pleased to learn that PayPal allows customers to create, design, and sell their unique e-gift cards.
You may build your digital gift card and sell or provide it to your colleagues, friends, family members, and customers if you use PayPal.
How Do Gift Cards Work
A gift card resembles a credit or debit card since it is plastic in nature. They have specific numbers that identify the cards. Anybody can use it since most do not link to a particular person.
Most cards have no PIN, and if you lose one, it is the same as losing real money. Someone else can use it if they collect it. However, Visa and Mastercard gift cards have been using PIN since 2013.
Some gift cards are only useful for one-time payments, while others are reloadable. Reloadable cards are almost similar to prepaid debit cards and can allow you to transfer money using the routing number and account number to a bank account. This means that you do not have to lock yourself to buy goods only.
When buying goods with you, the merchants use the on-line electronic system for authorization to deduct the amount you have spent when shopping. These include a serial number, barcode, or magnetic strip. While some gift cards will only allow you to buy at specific stores, cards from banks allow you to purchase from any store that accepts them.
For instance, Giftcards issues Visa and MasterCard that can be used anywhere that accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Before being sold, most gift cards have no value. When buying, the seller now loads money on the cards depending on the amount you pay. However, some cards have a set value, and once you receive them, you have to call a given number to activate them.
Don’t Miss: How To Use An Airbnb Gift Card
Adding The Card For Funding Purchases
If youre planning on using the Visa gift card as funding money for a purchase youre making, follow this process. Its also the standard procedure of adding any visa or other debit cards to a PayPal account:
- First of all, you have to go to the PayPal website, log into your account to link the visa card to PayPal. If you dont have a PayPal account, create one, it takes a few minutes start to finish.
- If you previously have an account and are ready to go, click on the wallet option. You can also look for it in the 3-dot sign on the far left side of the screen.
- You will see an option at the bottom that says Add a debit or credit card, click on it, then select Debit card. Youre ready to add the card.
- On the next screen, you will input all the information about the Visa debit gift card youre planning to add. Put in the card type, expiration date, the billing address for the card, then hit the Link card button.
- As you click on the linking button, the system will redirect you to the cards official address for an OTP. Take that OTP code, and put that back in the box to confirm the card, and youre all set.
After successfully adding the card to your account, you can now use the balance in it on any purchase you make with PayPal. You can use it anywhere PayPal is accepted, whether its an online shop or an offline store. Once you have used the full gift card amount, you can remove the card from your PayPal account.
Can You Use The Paypal Prepaid Debit Card On Amazon
Yes, you can do this. The PayPal debit card is available to US and UK users. The balance of these cards come from the PayPal balance.
Since the PayPal debit card is powered by Mastercard, it works where every Mastercard is accepted. This being said, you can use the PayPal debit card to buy directly on the Amazon website. The thing is that PayPal debit cards are only available in the US and the UK.
To apply for this card, you have to log-in to your PayPal account, and search for the term in the help section. Once you found the information, the system itself will guide you on the application process.
The PayPal debit card is convenient. If you are eligible, then apply for one. Not only can you use it as a debit card where Mastercard is accepted, you can also use it to withdraw money from ATMs.
Also Check: Doordash Red Card Delight Number
Use A Second Paypal Account
The trick is pretty much self-explanatory if you think it through here is the process you need to follow to cash your gift card:
- First, you need a second PayPal account you can either ask a friend to help you out on it or can open a new account. Opening an account takes a few minutes, and a new email address is not associated with the primary account.
- Once you have the second account ready, log into it, go to the Wallet option, and add the card to that account. You can follow the process Ive mentioned in the previous section to understand how to add a debit gift card to your PayPal account.
- Now, click on the Send & Request button located right before the Wallet menu to start the transfer process to your primary account. It will take you to a new page showing the card youve just added earlier in this process click on Continue.
- From the next page, select the Friends & Family option to send the money for free of charge. Dont forget to put in the amount you have in the card all the way through if PayPal charges, calculate the charge, and put it all in.
- Now that youre all set go ahead and click on Send Payment to complete the transfer from your secondary account to the primary one.
Set Up Your Account In Your Preferred Currency:
The currency youve chosen must be accepted by your PayPal account. Heres how to add your preferred currency if you get a currency-related error message:
- Go to Paypal.com and click My money under My Account > > Profile.
- Locate the more drop-down menu under the PayPal Balance section and select the Currencies link.
- From the Select new currency drop-down menu, choose your currency.
- Select Add Currency from the drop-down menu.
Don’t Miss: Do I Have To Have A Red Card To Doordash
How To Create A Paypal Account
You can open a PayPal account using your desktop or mobile browser, or you can use the PayPal app directly. Use the below steps as reference:
1. Go to paypal.com or the App Store or Google Play to get the PayPal app.
2. From the drop-down column, choose Sign Up.
3. From the drop-down box, select either Individual Account or Business Account.
4. Enter your phone number, and youll get a text with a security code that youll need to enter on the next screen.
5. Fill in your legal first and last names, as well as your email address and a strong password.
7. Finally, link your PayPal account to a credit card, debit card, or bank account.
After Buying The Amazon Gift Card How Do I Redeem It
To redeem your Amazon Gift Card, you need to log in to your account. From there, look for the Your Account drop down, and choose Gift Cards.
The website would open a new one, and you have to click on a button that says Redeem Gift Card. This will take you to a box where you have to input the code from your physical Amazon Gift Card. Once this is done, the balance should reflect on your Amazon account.
You cannot redeem the money if you do not have the physical card with you. Also, you cannot use it if you do not have an Amazon account. However, you can use anyones gift card in your account.
You can shop for items lesser than your Amazon balance, or shop for those that have more value. But if you shop for more, then Amazon will ask you to pay the excess amount using the payment methods we described earlier.
If the amount you purchased is lower than your balance, the excess will stay on your Amazon account. You can use that later for other purchases.
Also Check: $20 Uber Gift Card
How To Transfer Money From Visa Gift Card To Paypal
How to add a gift card to PayPal
18 nov. 2019
Where can I buy a Visa gift card using PayPal?
- Sites Where You Can Buy Virtual Visa Gift Card with PayPal Gift Card Mall. Gift Card mall is among the largest gift card sites online that allow you to buy a virtual visa gift card with PayPal. Gift Cards. Gift Cards is a place where you can find a huge collection of gift cards from more than a hundred retailers to suit various occasions. eGifter. Gyft. One4all Gift Cards.
To sendmoney from your Visagiftcard to your PayPal, heres how you can do it: After you log into your PayPal account, look for the Wallet link, which is located at the top of your page Click on Link a card or bank and continue to your prompts until you get to the point to link your card
How Do I Transfer A Visa Gift Card To My Bank Account From Paypal
You May Like: What Is The Delight Card For Doordash
Amazon Gift Card Issuers
You may also check your local phone directory for any Amazon Gift card issuers near your area. If there are none, then you may ask your friends and relatives if they know of any issuers. If you are still unable to locate any Amazon card issuers in your area, then you may consider other methods on how to transfer Amazon gift cards to PayPal. The other methods include contacting the customer service of the specific store where you have purchased your card.
Once you have a card, you can use it at any of the more than 200 million retail stores worldwide. You can also use your card in online purchases as well as on any Amazon shopping site. This makes it one of the most widely used gift cards and at the same time, one of the easiest to use. There are also numerous advantages that you get by owning and using one of these accounts including the convenience of making payments and the flexibility of withdrawing your money from any of your financial accounts.
If you want to know how to , you should be able to find answers to all your doubts. This is because the process has now been made available online by several websites. All you need to do is to search through the websites and choose one that meets your requirements.
You can also read the followings: