Come Up With Creative Ways To Offer Gift Cards
While the concept of a gift card is straightforward, there are so many creative avenues for your business to offer them.
- Offer them instead of coupons or discounts By offering a $5 or $10 gift card as a way of discounting an item, you not only show your appreciation to customers, but you also incentivize them to come back and buy more.
- Gift cards for large purchases Say you run a boutique clothing shop. You can offer gift cards for large purchases. A $20 gift card for a $100 purchase may seem like a hefty margin to eat. However, imagine the experience for the customer. They might come back and make another $100 purchase or more, just because of how much they appreciate your shop.
- Create special gift packages for each gift card If you can create more of an experience around buying and gifting a gift card, people might be more willing to purchase them. This could be as simple as a fancy note that goes with it or something thematically tied to your product or service.
- Use them as customer rewards Some shops offer a buy 9 and get the 10th free stamp card. Instead of this, you can offer gift cards, starting at $5, for continued patronage.
Why Gift Card Programs
With so many other ways to drive business, from successful marketing campaigns to loyalty and discount programs, you might be wondering how a gift card program would benefit your business. Offering gift cards to your customers can help you:
- Increase sales and generate cash flow, regardless of whether cards are redeemed
- Bring in new business, especially when given as actual gifts
- Promote impulse buys, as shoppers are more comfortable investing in additional goods or services when part of the purchase is covered. 65% of gift card users spend more than the face value of the card.
- Improve brand awareness, as most gift cards are branded with logos and business colors
- Offer real-time tracking, simplifying reporting and management
- Possess superior security measures to reduce fraud and minimize duplicate usage
- Offer speedy transactions with immediate benefits to the user
- Track sales trends and monitor outstanding activity
Affordable and practical, gift cards can provide plenty of opportunity for your operation. With so many advantages, the better question is, why not gift cards?
Resending A Gift Card
You can resend a gift card if the customer lost the gift card email, accidentally deleted it, or cant find it for any other reason.
To resend a gift card:
The gift card will be resent to the Sent to email address.
Read Also: Can I Use My Kohl’s Card To Buy Gift Cards
Epos Nows Complete All
As well as using your mobile device, you can also create an online gift card program that integrates with your POS system.
Lots of cloud-based POS systems offer this functionality, by either having their own gift card service or integrating with third-party gift car apps. Setting up a gift card service directly through your POS is quick, easy and very affordable.
Why Digital Gift Cards Are Important To Your Ecommerce Business
People get a headache when it comes to choosing a gift. Even after spending hours in choosing one, they arent sure whether the recipient would like it or not. This is when Digital Gift Cards provide a helping hand to online shoppers.
Did you know the total amount spent on Gift cards every year is more than $100 Billion?
Don’t Miss: How To Use Electronic Gift Cards
Make Buy One Get One Offers
Large retailers often advertise BOGO deals around major holidays. For example, you might give a customer a free $10 gift card when a $100 gift card is purchased. Rewarding the giver creates the opportunity to bring two gift card shoppers back to your store. If the person buying the gift card buys it solely for the purpose of getting the extra $10 in spending power, then so be it. The customer is obviously a brand fan and likely to overspend the sum total anyway.
How To Sell Your Digital Gift Cards
Equally important as finding a gift card program is getting those gift cards into the hands of your customers.
We probably donât need to expound upon the importance of online marketing to do exactly that, but now is really the time to double down on your efforts. There are lots of subcategories that fall under the âonline marketingâ umbrella, but for now, social media marketing is an approachable channel to funnel your efforts. In the age of social distancing, social media is where most of your customers are hanging out, even more often than they did before.
In terms of selling gift cards, many digital gift card services, whether directly through your POS system or a third-party app, allow easy integrations or promotional features across social media channels. Still, itâs important to create your own posts and tweets to promote and consistently remind your customers of your gift card system. Not only does this achieve the obvious , but creating bespoke messages is so important for keeping you and your customers connected.
To make it really easy for your customers to purchase gift cards, you can also include a link in your Instagram and Twitter bios. Donât forget to update your website to reflect your updates, too. For example, you might consider adding a pop-up window or announcement bar promoting your gift cards .
You May Like: Is There A Paypal Gift Card
How To Start A Gift Card Program
Starting a gift card program is relatively simple and affordable. Most retailers, especially modern operations utilizing high-tech POS systems and other customer loyalty programs, will have few issues in creating a gift card operation.
Despite this, launching a gift card program will require some minor preparation on behalf of your business.
How To Offer Gift Cards At Your Business
Gift cards are one way businesses are generating revenue during the coronavirus outbreak. Here’s how to offer them at your business.
Setting up a gift card program for your business requires just a few simple steps and increases customers’ spending potential.
Gift cards are a simple way to attract new customers, increase sales and reward loyal fans with little to no effort. Customers who buy gift cards for others spend 38% more than the actual value of the gift card they purchase. Likewise, a study by First Data found that 72% of gift card shoppers spend more than the value of the gift card when they come in to redeem their present.
Not only are gift cards a great tool for spreading the word about your business, but they also bring new customers through the door and increase basket size across two separate sales transactions. Heres how to get started with gift cards at your business.
Don’t Miss: Can You Take Money Off A Vanilla Visa Gift Card
Reward Employees With Gift Cards
Rather than cut checks or buy less useful incentive products , where applicable, reward top salespeople and other star performers with gift cards. Not only does the money come back to your business, but employees get the opportunity to act like customerstry the food, buy the fashions youre selling or use the services offered. You may get valuable feedback in the process.
Thats just the beginning. I truly believe any business should be able to make a gift card program profitable. For some, that means customers buy their gift cards in droves and recipients quickly return to the store to shop. For others, a gift card is more of a marketing tool that businesses use for sales incentives, customer rewards, come back offers and more. I do find that smaller businesses frequently make the mistake of simply putting a gift card display on the counteror worseputting a stack of gift cards underneath the register. One store owner told me she removed her card display because kids were taking the cards. I would suggest moving the display to a higher level, replacing it with one that does not hold physical cards or more fully analyzing the tradeoff. Is losing ten cards to kids in a month worth sacrificing what you might earn in potential gift card sales? Not in my mind. When in doubt, I suggest following the example set by large department stores in making sure your gift card is visible and available in as many places as possible.
Want To Get A Visa Gift Card
A smart gift anyone can appreciate.
The Visa Gift card is an ideal choice for birthdays, holidays, weddings, and suits all your gift-giving needs. It’s also perfect for people of all ages. You decide how much money to give they decide where to spend it.
You will receive important information regarding the Visa Gift card such as how to activate and use the card. This information should be given to the recipient of the card.
You May Like: Can I Buy Gift Cards With Google Play Credit
Tactics For Increasing Gift Card Sales
Gift cards are a great way to drive revenue and bring customers back to your store, but they dont always sell themselves. Some businesses are content with limited sales, but if you want to build a successful gift card program, a little creative thinking and additional marketing may be required. While theres no need to use every method under the sun, changing up your to account for gift cards can increase sales.
Gift Cards Are Safe And Convenient
Traditional paper gift certificates enjoyed a long run of popularity and remain viable at small scale. Yet today’s gift cards are safer and more convenient than paper certificates that were vulnerable to loss, theft, or fraud from duplication.
As for convenience, you can accept gift cards the same ways you accept credit and debit cards: online, in-app or in-store.
Don’t Miss: Can You Buy Expedia Gift Cards
New And Return Customers
Making gift cards for your business is a great way to drive new customers as they work similarly to a refer a friend scheme. People who already shop with you can introduce their friends and family, who may not have been inclined to visit your business, by gifting them with a digital/physical card on special occasions.
Gift cards are also a great way to secure regular shoppers. A recent survey carried out by the GCVA found that 43% of shoppers have made a one-off purchase from a business after receiving a gift card, and a further 22% have become a regular customer.
TIP: Some gift cards require customers to fill out their contact information to set up the card. This is a great way to get customers to return back to your store because you can then begin sharing any promotions your business is having through marketing channels.
How To Make Gift Cards For Your Business
Now that youve got a better idea of why you should be making gift cards for your business, its time to find out how to do this. As a small business owner, you may not have the budget to spend money on physical gift cards. These can also be pretty costly and not very simple to set up. Instead, well share some simple ways you can make a digital gift for your business.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Use World Market Gift Card
Benefits Of Setting Up Gift Cards
As mentioned above, gift cards offer great marketing potential and can drive future revenue and long-term customers. To show you how, lets dive into the benefits of gift cards:
- Increases branding effort Branding has taken on a new form in the current era. Everything from your social media posts, your logo, to your customer rewards system all float in this nebulous term your brand. With gift cards, you can tack on your logo, write a little note, and push your brand further out into the world.
- Encourages repeat and new customers By purchasing a gift card, the customer will either come back later or gift it to another customer , who will then stop by. Thats the power of gift cards it encourages repeat and new customers.
- Word-of-mouth marketing If a customer loves your store and recommends it to their friends or family, this is known as word-of-mouth marketing. Its the most powerful form of advertising a business can ask for because you can only generate it through high-quality service. Gift cards, then, are a physical extension of word-of-mouth marketing because it means people want others to experience the store for themselves.
How Can I Correct A Gift Card Sent To The Wrong Email Address
When customers purchase e-gift cards and the email fails to send, the Failed E-Gift Delivery report provides information about what caused it to fail. Failed delivery notifications are sent automatically to your Manager Contact List.
1. Under the Analytics & Reports header, select Guest, Gift Cards, and Loyalty.
2. Select the Failed E-Gift Delivery.
3. Select the failed delivery you would like to resend. The Update Gift Card Email prompt will appear. Here, you can add the correct email address and select Update & Resend Email.
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Get Hellofresh Gift Cards
Interactive Gift Card Website Cws
The Givex Customer WebSuite is built to easily match your brand’s look and feel. It provides a secure, easy-to-use online interface for your customers to:
- Buy and even personalize a physical card that can be delivered through our fulfillment services
- Send a last minute gift with an e-gift card that gets delivered in real time
- Register the gift card they have received to protect against theft or loss
- Add/Top-up value on their card for more convenient and faster payments in-store
- Check their current balance as well as transaction history
- With the Marqui 8 Content Management System , you can have custom mobile-optimized websites for online gift card sales, loyalty programs and promotions. Easily manage and change content.
- We offer consultative expertise for digital marketing and web design.
All the above functionality is also available through our API Service.
How Do I Create And Design My Gift Cards
Most gift card providers allow you to upload your artwork or personalize gift cards with templated designs via a web page or online portal, similar to how many business owners order custom business cards online. Once you design your gift cards, you can contact your provider to place an order or submit the request via their online store.
Don’t Miss: Where I Can Sell Gift Cards
Best Time To Offer Digital Gift Cards
Gifts make a connection between the sender and the receiver. It is a token of love. You dont really need an occasion to make your friends and family feel overwhelmed. Here comes the digital gift card in the picture.
If it is difficult to find the right gift for them, give them a gift card. You can consider gifting on their birthday, anniversary, mothers day, fathers day, or any other occasion. The holiday season is another best occasion for showering love!
Gift Card Design Options
Whether you have never designed a graphic before or youre a seasoned gift card design professional, we have design options to fit your needs. We provide a free design library, professional templates, and offer complimentary design assistance that will take your card’s design to the next level.Have questions about business gift card artwork, custom gift card printing or anything else? We are here to help contact uswith your questions.
Don’t Miss: How To Check Your Balance On Vanilla Gift Card
Start Selling And Tracking Gift Cards
Now that your staff is on the same page, you can start selling gift cards online or in your store. If your POS system allows, you might track gift cards by attaching them to customer profiles in your system.
As your small business sells gift cards, youll be able to accept those profits upfront. Your customers will be happy to support you and look forward to shopping with you in the future. Gift cards can be a great way to generate revenue in challenging times.
This content is for information purposes only, and information provided should not be considered legal, accounting or tax advice, or a substitute for obtaining such advice specific to your business. Additional information and exceptions may apply. Applicable laws may vary by state or locality. No assurance is given that the information is comprehensive in its coverage or that it is suitable in dealing with a customers particular situation. Intuit Inc. does it have any responsibility for updating or revising any information presented herein. Accordingly, the information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for independent research. Intuit Inc. cannot warrant that the material contained herein will continue to be accurate, nor that it is completely free of errors when published. Readers should verify statements before relying on them.
How Do I Look Up An E
If youd like to check gift card balances, and see which gift cards have been purchased by guests, navigate to the Analytics and Reports header in Toast Now and select Guest, Gift Cards, and Loyalty reports.
Here, look for the header GIFT CARDS. Directly below it will be an option for Gift Card Balances. Select the View Report > link.
In this report, youll be able to see what gift cards your restaurant has issued to your guests, the initial value amount that was put on the gift card, along with the current balance and transaction dates.
Use the drop down menus to switch between days and how many cards youd like to see on the page. When youre done, be sure to select Update.
Also Check: How To Add Vanilla Gift Card To Bank Account